Joined: 08 Jul 2000
|Global Banking Shakeup Continues
Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:05 pm
53 banking resignations for February 2012, including 8 in the last 2 days.
(1) 2/1/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) ABSA falls as deputy CEO steps down [UK Barclay's Bank Controlledl
(2) 2/1/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Truett Tate - Lloyds Bankging Group head of wholesale quits
(3) 2/1/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Tim Tookey - Llyods Banking Group leaving end of February having served as interim group chief executive in addition to group finance director
"Mr Tookey, who has been with the group since 2006, will leave at the end of February after preparing the bank’s accounts for 2011. He will not get a pay-off."
(4) 2/2/12 (VENEZUELA) Key Chavez Minister Resigns Amid Banking Corruption Fallout
(5) 2/5/12 (USA - NY) Two Top Morgan Stanley Bankers Resign
(6) 2/6/12 (INDIA) Dhanlaxmi Bank CEO Amitabh Chaturvedi quits
(7) 2/7/12 (USA) Bank Of America's Mortgage Business Chief Resigns
(8) 2/7/12 (INDIA) Falguni Nayar Quits Kotak Mahindra Bank
(9) 2/7/12 (IRAN) Iran denies central bank resignation rumor (don't believe until its denied?)
(10) 2/9/12 (VATICAN) Four Priests Charged In Vatican Banking Scandal
(11) 2/10/12 (KOREA) Korea Exchange Bank chief steps down
(12) 2/10/12 (INDIA) Tamilnad Mercantile Bank CEO resigns
(13) 2/13/12 (KUWAIT) Kuwait Central Bank CEO resigns
(14) 2/14/12 (NICARAQUA) Nicaraqua Central Bank Pres Rosales resigns
(15) 2/14/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Social finance pioneer Hayday steps down from Charity Bank
(16) 2/14/12 (UKRAINE) The National Bank of Ukraine issued a short statement on Thursday announcing the resignation of deputy governor Volodymyr Krotiuk.
(17) 2/15/12 (WORLD) World Bank CEO Zoellick resigns
Did the White House tell the World Bank president that he's out?
(18) 2/15/12 (SLOVENIA) Slovenia TWO largest Banks CEO's (2) resign
(19) 2/15/12 (KENYA) Governor of Kenyan Central Bank to Resign
(20) 2/16/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) The Financial Services Authority’s (FSA’s) interim managing director, Conduct Business Unit, Margaret Cole, is to step down later this year.
FSA is the regulator of all providers of financial services in the UK; Bank of England retains
responsibility for systemic risk.
(21) 2/16/12 (GHANA) Ken Ofori-Atta steps down as Executive Chair of Databank Group
(22) 2/16/12 (SAUDI ARABIA) Saudi Hollandi Banks Managing Director Quits
(23) 2/16/12 (AUSTRALIA) Anz Bank CFO Australia resigns
(24) 2/16/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Royal Bank of Scotland Bankers Arrested
(25) 2/16/12 (AUSTRALIA) Royal Bank of Scotland Austrailan CEO Stephen Williams resigns
(26) 2/17/12 (USA) Blankfein out as Goldman Sachs CEO by summer
(27) 2/17/12 (SWITZERLAND) SNB Council President Hansueli Raggenbass To Leave Central Bank
(28) 2/18/12 (PAKISTAN) AJK Bank’s executive steps down
(29) 2/20/12 (RUSSIA) Head of Russian Bank Regulator Steps Down
(30) 2/20/12 (SWITZERLAND) Credit Suisse Chief Joseph Tan resigns
(31) 2/20/12 (ISRAEL) Bank Leumi le-Israel Ltd. : Mr. Zvi Itskovitch Announces his Decision to Redesign From Bank Leumi
(32) 2/20/12 (USA) R. David Land Submits Resignation from the Boards of Directors of Peoples Bancorporation, Inc. and Seneca National Bank
(33) 2/20/12 (USA WA) First Financial Northwest Director Quits in Candy Austerity Push[shades of the movie The Caine Mutiny?] First Financial Northwest Inc., a Renton, Washington-based lender, said director Spencer Schneider resigned
after asking the bank to remove pictures of past directors and serve only hard candies at annual meetings.Schneider made the requests at a Feb. 15 board meeting as “symbols of austerity,” and also asked that the bank suspend serving
refreshments at the annual shareholders’ meeting, offering just hard candies instead, he said. Schneider, general counsel for shareholder Joseph Stilwell, resigned immediately when the company asked that his requests be placed on the
agenda for a board meeting next month, the bank said yesterday.
(34) 2/21/12 (ARGENTINA) The general manager of the Central Bank of Argentina (BCRA), Benigno Velez, resigned his position today.
(35) 2/21/12 (BANGLADESH) Five bank, insurance directors resign
(36) 2/21/12 (JAPAN) CITIBANK JAPAN: Bakhshi is taking over duties from Brian Mccappin, who the bank said in December would resign after the unit was banned for two weeks from trading tied to the London and Tokyo interbank offered rates.
(37) 2/22/12 (USA) Wietschner, Goldman Hedge Fund Advisory Chief, Retires
(38) 2/23/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) Richard Gush resigns from Standard Bank
(39) 2/23/12 (SCOTLAND) Royal Bank of Scotland Group has announced that John McFarlane will step down as a Non-executive Director on 31 March 2012, as a regulatory condition of his impending appointment at Aviva.
(40) 2/24/12 (INDIA) Breaking: ICICI Bank GC Pramod Rao resigns, may start up law firm
(41) 2/24/12 (HONG KONG) Citigroup Private Bank’s Co-Head of Global Real Estate Resigns
Feb. 24 (Bloomberg) — Kwang Meng Quek, co-head of the global real estate group at Citigroup Inc.’s private banking unit, resigned.
(42) 2/24/12 (NEW ZEALAND) FSF Executive Director resigns
After two years leading the Financial Services Federation (“FSF”) executive director, Kirk Hope has resigned to take up the role of chief executive of the New Zealand Bankers? Association.
(43) 2/24/12 (USA) Evercore’s Mestre steps down as U.S. banking head
(Reuters) – Eduardo Mestre has stepped down as day-to-day head of Evercore Partners Inc’s U.S. investment banking business, the New York-based company said in a regulatory filing
(44) 2/25/12 (AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND) Goldman Sachs: Fitz quits
Stephen Fitzgerald has resigned as Australia and New Zealand chairman and advisory director at Goldman Sachs, after 20 years with the bank. His departure comes less than a year after Goldman took full control of its Australian joint
venture, formerly known as Goldman Sachs JBWere.
(45) 2/27/12 (GERMANY) Deutsche Bank Americas chief steps down, no reason given
(46) 2/27/12 (BAHRAIN) Ebrahim Ebrahim quits as CEO of Khaleeji Commercial Bank
(47) 2/27/12 (MALAYSIA) Elaf Bank CEO Dr El Jaroudi resigns
(48) 2/27/12 (GERMANY) Equiduct chairman steps down
(49) 2/27/12 (BAHRAIN) Al Zain steps down as Mumtalakat Holding CEO
The board of directors of Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company (Mumtalakat),Bahrain’s Sovereign Wealth Fund, has accepted the resignation of the Chief Executive Officer, Talal Al Zain, following the completion of a four year term as head
of the investment arm for non-oil and gas assets of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
(50) 2/27/12 (IRAN) Iran’s Bank Melli CEO Resigns Over Loan Scam
(51) 2/27/12 (INDIA/KASHMIR) AJK Bank’s Executive Steps Down in protest of illegalities
(52) 2/27/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Moreno to step down at Lloyds Banking Group
Lloyds Banking Group has announced that Glen Moreno, its senior independent director, intends not to seek re-election at the bank’s annual general meeting on 17th May, and will retire from the board on that date.
(53) 2/28/12 (HONG KONG) Leung `to enjoy life’ as she calls it quits by May
Joined: 08 Jul 2000
Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:11 pm
2/28/12 (CHINA) Bank of China International ECM global head Marshall Nicholson quits
2/28/12 (SINGAPORE) DBS security head Jim Pasqurell quits, cites health reasons
2/28/12 (HONG KONG) Bank of America's Asia-Pac. mrkts Brian Canniffe quits
2/28/12 (BELGIUM) KBC's CEO Jan Vanhevel is to retire after a career spanning 41 years.
2/28/12 (CANADA) Ontario Securities Commission chairwoman Peggy-Anne Brown quits
2/28/12 (AUSTRALIA) Bank manager Colin John Carleton jailed nine years for $3m theft
2/28/12 (SRI LANKA) Sri Lanka Com Bank CEO Amitha Gooneratne retires
2/28/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) REDEFINE INCOME FUND director Gerald Leissner resigns
2/28/12 (ITALY) UNICREDIT: Chairman Dieter Rampl not available for a new mandate
2/28/12 (UK) Bank of England Sir David Lees re-appointed Chair of Bank of England and gives notice of resignation at end of 2013
2/29/12 (AUSTRALIA) Perpetual portfolio manager Matt Williams steps down
2/29/12 (UK) Honister Capital CEO Richard Pearson steps down
Joined: 08 Jul 2000
Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:15 am
2/29/12 (GUYANA) National Investment and Commercial Investments Ltd. (NICIL), Executive Director Winston Brassington resigns, “We feel that (Winston) Brassington knows everything…A to Z about all the transactions,” said Chairman of the Alliance for Change (AFC), Khemraj Ramjattan, as he sounded a warning that controversial figure could be subpoenaed to appear before the Parliamentary Economic Sector Committee.
3/1/12 (MALAYSIA) RHB Bank Bhd deputy managing director Renzo Viegas quits
3/1/12 (ITALY) Italian Banking Association Chairman Giuseppe Mussari talks to reporters in Rome after he and seven other executives offered to resign in protest over new banking-fee rules included in the government’s legislation on boosting competition.
3/1/12 (USA FL) Florida Venture Forum [Venture Capital] Exec Dir Robin Lester quits
3/1/12 (USA) PineBridge Investments said Win Neuger has resigned as chief executive. Neuger helped build AIG’s third party asset management business, PineBridge still manages AIG assets
3/1/12 (SINGAPORE) UBS Singapore – James Tulley is leaving Switzerland’s largest bank, it is not clear where he is going.
3/1/12 (USA NH) Piscataqua Savings Bank CEO Jay Gibson retires
3/1/12 (ICELAND) Iceland’s Financial Supervisory Authority (FSA) fired its director Gunnar Andersen
3/2/12 (CHINA) China Construction Bank Corp, the assistant general manager and head of corporate banking Mickey Mehta quits
3/2/12 (USA) Deutsche Bank Student Loan CEOJohn Hupalo quits to start student loan counseling firm.
3/2/12 (UK) Bank of England Sir Mervin King resigns in June, Lord Sassoon tipped as replacement.
3/2/12 (BOTSWANA) Barclays Bank Botswana managing director Wilfred Mpai forced to resign
3/2/12 (HONG KONG) New Century Group Hong Kong Ltd [investment house and leisure group] Wilson Ng resigns
3/2/12 (USA) Citigroup Richard Parsons to step down as chairman
3/3/12 (AUSTRIA) Volksbank AG (VBAG) The contract of CEO Gerald Wenzel will not be extended
3/3/12 (ETHIOPIA) Dashen Bank’s board dismisses president Leulseged Teferi
3/3/12 (RUSSIA) Enza Capital KK, Wealthy British banker Philip Townsend (Baron Townsend of Rathmore) and his wife
killed at Estonia holiday home
http://goo.gl/GSOUN and http://goo.gl/x94ID and http://goo.gl/gGgLP
3/4/12 (KOREA) Hana Financial Group Inc, prominent figure in the history of South Korean finance Kim Seung-yu , resigns
3/4/12 (USA) JP Morgan prop trading chief Mike Stewart quits
3/5/12 ( SAUDI ARABIA) Al Rajhi Bank CEO Abdullah bin Sulaiman Al Rajhi has resigned
3/5/12 (UK) Jupiter fund co-manager Tony Nutt steps down
3/5/12 (UK) Jupiter fund co-manager John Hamilton steps down
3/5/12 (NEW ZEALAND) Insured Group Bill Jeffries has resigned as chairman and director
3/5/12 (USA) Reliance Bancshares chairman Patrick Gideon resigned
3/6/12 (FRANCE) Blackstone Group’s Paris office leader Jean-Michel Steg will step down
3/6/12 (JAMAICA) Jamaica Money Market Brokers Limited, Patricia Sutherland has resigned as Executive Director
3/6/12 (JAMAICA) Jamaica’s Financial Services Commission (FSC), Executive director Rohan Barnett, has resigned the position, the Ministry of Finance, Planning and the Public Service announced this afternoon.
3/6/12 (USA) USA Technologies Inc Bradley M. Tirpak, a nominee of Shareholder Advocates for Value Enhancement, has resigned from its board subsequent to a settlement agreement with the investing group, according to an SEC filing.
3/6/12 (UK) Sterling Green Group has announced that Philip Kanas, a non-executive director, has decided to resign
Sterling Green Group PLC became a cash shell following the disposal of their subsidiaries Taxdebts Ltd, Sterling Green (Mortgages) Ltd and the back books of the clients of Sterling Green Ltd. during December 2011.
3/7/12 (GERMANY) Deutsche Bank AG’s (DB) Chief Risk Officer Hugo Baenzigeri to resign
3/7/12 (GERMANY) Deutsche Bank AG’s (DB) Chief Operating Officer Hermann-Josef Lamberti to resign
3/7/12 (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) Dubai Mercantile Exchange announced Thomas Leaver will step down as CEO
3/7/12 (SCOTLAND) Macfarlane Group Chairman Archie Hunter to step down after 8 years of service
3/7/12 (USA) BlackRock Emerging Markets Fund co-head Daniel Tubbs, has left the group to pursue other opportunities.
3/7/12 (UK) Goldman Sachs (GSI) Christopher French resigns from board
3/7/12 (UK) Goldman Sachs (GSI) David Wildermuth resigns from board
3/7/12 (UK) Goldman Sachs (GSI) Matthew Westerman resigns from board
3/7/12 (UK) Goldman Sachs (GSI) co-head of global mergers and acquisitions Yoel Zaoui resigns
3/7/12 (UK) Goldman Sachs (GSI) Phil Beatty resigned as head of European power and natural-gas trading
3/7/12 (SINGAPORE) Nikko Asset Management Timothy McCarthy is retiring as chairman and CEO at the end of the month
3/7/12 (HONG KONG) UBS Senior Asia Economist Jonathan Anderson Departs
3/7/12 (HAITI) FORMER DIRECTOR HAITI CENTRAL BANK SLAIN!
3/7/12 (FRANCE) Société Générale Private Banking, Daniel Truchi is to step down as head of Société Générale Private Banking http://goo.gl/XhgJ9
3/7/12 (AUSTRALIA) Customers Ltd, Tim Wildash has cashed himself out as chief executive of Australia’s largest ATM operator
3/7/12 (USA CA) CALSTRS, Pascal Villiger, senior private equity portfolio manager at the $145 billion California State Teachers’ Retirement System resigns
3/7/12 (USA) Astaire quits Bank of America Merrill to dance to Barclays Capital’s tune
Joined: 08 Jul 2000
Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:29 am
3/08/12 (USA NY) Schroders, chief investment officer Alan Brown is steps down
3/08/12 (USA IL) CBOE Executive Patrick Fay Put on Leave Amid SEC Probe
3/08/12 (USA NH & RI) Bristol County Savings Bank president E. Dennis Kelly retires after 35 years
3/08/12 (GERMANY) Clearstream Banking AG – Katja Rosenkranz To Leave Deutsche Börse Group [stockmarket]
3/09/12 (MONGOLIA) Mongol Bank President Alag Batsukh submitted his resignation letter to Speaker of Parliament D. Demberel at the end of last month. He described his reason for resigning as a lack of support by Parliament.
All times are GMT. The time now is Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:07 am